Sunday, January 1, 2017

HAPPY NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS!



New Year's Resolutions aren't fun for me because I always seem to be looking at what I am not doing rather than celebrating what I have accomplished. But the quest for continuous improvement seems part of our human DNA so here goes:

1. I'm going to continue to improve my eating habits. Diets seem a trite subject this time of year, I know. But the truth is, I've been changing my eating patterns since July and have had huge dividends--not by counting calories as I haven't a clue how many calories I eat--but by changing what I eat. I've reduced carbs, eliminated sugar, and focused on proteins, vegetables, and fruit (yes as long as it is natural sugar). And I am committed to staying on this path--despite all the temptations! Hope I can do it!

2. I'm going to work on my writing process so I can write more efficiently. I'm a panster so, consequently, I spend a lot of time doing revisions once the first draft of the manuscript is done.  I'm trying Mary Buckham's Break Into Fiction process to see if I can't reduce that revision time.

3. Devote more time to charitable endeavors. I want to do more to "raise all boats".

That's it--I'm keeping it to three even though I could add a lot more--goodness knows there is a lot that needs improving, lol. But these are three things that, if I focus on them, I believe I might actually accomplish.

What's on your Resolution List for 2017?

No comments: