Sunday, September 13, 2015

Recipe: Lemon-Garlic Scallops

Hubby and I love scallops but we've never made them. Well that changed with dinner tonight. We adapted a recipe from allrecipes.com and we loved the dish. So I thought I would share the recipe.

LEMON-GARLIC SCALLOPS 

Ingredients:


3/4 cup butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
2-3 cloves of minced garlic (depending on how much garlic you like)
1 1/2 lbs. of (fresh) sea scallops
1 teaspoon of salt
1/8 teaspoon of pepper
2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup of wine (I like to use a sweet wine like a Riesling but any white wine should do)
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Serve over fresh pasta (I always get my pasta in the refrigerated section of the supermarket--it only takes 2 mins to cook in boiling water--literally you only boil it for two minutes--and I like the taste much better than boxed dry pasta.) To cook the pasta, follow the directions on the package.

Directions:

1. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in minced garlic and add the olive oil. Cook for a few seconds until fragrant. Add scallops and cook for several minutes on one side, then turn over, and continue cooking until firm and opaque (no longer translucent). I hovered over the stove to make sure the scallops didn't overcook. If you cook them too long they get rubbery. It should only takes a few minutes on each side. I sliced into one of them to be sure that they were white through out and then immediately lifted out of the pan so it couldn't cook anymore.

2. Remove scallops to a platter, then whisk salt, pepper, lemon juice, and wine into the butter and garlic sauce.  Stir to combine the flavors. Pour sauce over scallops and serve over fresh pasta (I always get my pasta in the refrigerated section of the supermarket--it only takes 2 mins to cook in boiling water--literally you only boil it for two minutes--and I like the taste much better than boxed dry pasta.) To cook the pasta, follow the directions on the package.

Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and enjoy!




About 10 minutes Prep, about 10 minutes to cook so ready in 20 minutes.
Servings: Approximately 4 servings

No comments: