As someone reminded me, I haven't been very good about keeping up my blog. I still haven't figured out the key to making this routine. Just when I think I've got it, blogging goes sputtering off my radar. But I was reading Linda Lael Miller's blog today http://www.lindalaelmiller.com/blog/blog.asp
and she reminded me about one thing that should never go off someone's radar--and that is counting my blessings.
So while I sit polishing off a requested manuscript in between hovering over my teenager who is home with H1N1 flu, I decided to take some time and count my blessings.
So here's five things I'm grateful for today:
(1) My daughter is recovering from the flu--fever is down, sore throat isn't so sore, and she's beginning to talk about how bored she is--a sure sign of progress!
(2) That I have a request from a great editor for my contemporary manuscript and I'm almost done making it shiny and bright. I'd tell you more about it but I don't want to jinx it. :)
(3) That I have such a good husband who did the grocery shopping and cooked dinner last night so I could take care of my daughter and work on my manuscript. Did I mention how much I love him?
(4) That I'm able to work at what I love--both in writing and in my consulting practice.
(5) That it's a gorgeous day out and I'm going to get in some garden clean up later--maybe, hopefully.
Linda was right. It does make you feel so much better! Any blessings(s) you want to count? And sorry I've been away so long.....
Pardon me... Your Codpiece is Showing!
16 hours ago