As someone reminded me, I haven't been very good about keeping up my blog. I still haven't figured out the key to making this routine. Just when I think I've got it, blogging goes sputtering off my radar. But I was reading Linda Lael Miller's blog today http://www.lindalaelmiller.com/blog/blog.asp
and she reminded me about one thing that should never go off someone's radar--and that is counting my blessings.
So while I sit polishing off a requested manuscript in between hovering over my teenager who is home with H1N1 flu, I decided to take some time and count my blessings.
So here's five things I'm grateful for today:
(1) My daughter is recovering from the flu--fever is down, sore throat isn't so sore, and she's beginning to talk about how bored she is--a sure sign of progress!
(2) That I have a request from a great editor for my contemporary manuscript and I'm almost done making it shiny and bright. I'd tell you more about it but I don't want to jinx it. :)
(3) That I have such a good husband who did the grocery shopping and cooked dinner last night so I could take care of my daughter and work on my manuscript. Did I mention how much I love him?
(4) That I'm able to work at what I love--both in writing and in my consulting practice.
(5) That it's a gorgeous day out and I'm going to get in some garden clean up later--maybe, hopefully.
Linda was right. It does make you feel so much better! Any blessings(s) you want to count? And sorry I've been away so long.....
The History of the Harvey Girls
6 hours ago