Monday, May 4, 2009

It's Here! It's Here!


Return to Wayback appeared on my porch today courtesy of UPS and my publisher. The first time holding a book with my story in it! Of course, I had to sit right down and read it--again, for like the tenth time. This time I relaxed and enjoyed the journey.


No one ever tells you that you'd better really love your story because you are going to be reading it over and over again. First, of course you do your own editing--for me that means I'm reading through it at least four or five or six times, reworking, revising, editing, polishing. I admit I have problems letting go (it's a little like sending your kid off to college) but finally I resist anymore fiddling.


So it is off to the publisher and then they send it back for edits. And they keep sending it back until there are no more mistakes to find--that could be three times. Then the galleys come--that's you're last time to proof--and that's usually two read-throughs minimum because you always find something.


But funny thing is--I haven't grown tired of Re-ride at the Rodeo--yet. I guess when it's your own....you do love it!


Have a great day--I'll still be floating for a while.


Return to Wayback is now available at Amazon.com or http://tinyurl.com/Return-to-Wayback-Amazon

No comments: