Friday, July 4, 2008

Ultimatum took First Prize


Just got the word that my short (and I do mean short) story, Ultimatum, just tied for first prize in the Long and Short Reviews first annual short story contest. I couldn't be happier since this was a particular challenge for me.


You had to write a story--beginning, middle and happily ever after ending--in 1000 words or less. Now, I'm known to be a little on the chatty side and my writing, at times, reflects that although I think I've gotten better over the years. To test that theory, I decided to try and meet their contest criterion and I guess I succeeded.


The story--and yes it's a western, what else?--will be run in all of its 999 word glory on the website on July 24th so I'll remind you all when its time. I hope you'll mosey on over and check it out. Let me know what you think of rancher Cole Hutton and lawyer Lila Parks.
Happy 4th of July!

No comments: